REJIS was established in 1974 by the City of St. Louis and St. Louis County and now serves many different municipal, county, state and federal agencies to help meet their information and infrastructure needs. Click here to watch a video about REJIS.
- Law Enforcement
- City, County, State, & Federal Government
- Missouri Bar Attorneys
What Is REJIS
The REJIS Commission (Regional Justice Information Service) is the leading provider of cutting-edge information technology (IT) services and products for the criminal justice community and government agencies in Missouri, Kansas and parts of Illinois. It is a government entity founded in 1974 under a cooperative agreement between St. Louis City and St. Louis County.
For more than 40 years, we have developed innovative and cost-effective technology solutions to enhance public safety. Our client-focused model has produced the most reliable records management infrastructure to make disconnected multi-jurisdictional data accessible, compatible and useful.
REJIS' proven solutions are critical for law enforcement, government, quasi-government and attorneys. We provide full integration of police, jail, and court systems. Our clients eliminate costly paperwork and gain access to comprehensive local, state, and national data - all in a secure online environment.
REJIS’ cost-effective subscription-based services include services such as:
- LE Web – a one-stop local, state, and national law enforcement data system that interfaces with local, state and national crime information databases
- Mobile Handheld Access - critical up-to-the minute data for officers on foot, bike, or horseback
- 24/7/365 help desk - crime never sleeps and neither do we. Get the help you need right when you need it
- MOBarNet - a secure data network for bar association attorneys (soon to add KSBarNet)
- and much more.
We also provide reliable IT technical support, mobile and custom app development, 24/7/365 help desk, training, a secure data center and other
REJIS is located in the City of St. Louis and currently employs over 140 people, mostly in high tech jobs.
The REJIS Commission is a seven-member board appointed by the Mayor of the City of St. Louis and the St. Louis County Executive. Commissioners are responsible for overall policy and direction of REJIS. REJIS' General Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization and reports to the Board.
REJIS’ Board of Commissioners
- William Powell, Jr., PhD – Board Chairman
- Chief Jon Belmar, St. Louis County Police Department – Board Vice President
- Chief Sam Dotson, St. Louis City Police Department – Board Secretary and Treasurer
- Chief Michael Wiegand, Eureka Police Department
- Pamela Reitz, St. Louis County Government
- Dele Oredugba, St. Louis City Police Department
- Richard Rosenfeld, Ph.D., University of Missouri – St. Louis
- REJIS Commission General Manager
What We Do
We deliver critical data and IT support to government and quasi-government agencies the way you would expect it to be done – simple, without hassle, without complication, for a flat monthly fee that includes all of the core items you would expect such as:
- 24/7/365 Help Desk Support
- Secure Data Center
- Cloud and/or on-premise servers
- Access to remote databases
- Licensing of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Servers and other custom or commercially available software
- Backups and cloud recoverability
- Your Virtual CIO, IT Director, and Network Engineers – your IT Department
- Inside out security management: Firewall, Antivirus, Spam Filtering, Internet Filtering, Encryption
Our services include the development of custom applications, online and batch processing, installation and support of custom and commercially available software, systems integration, custom interfaces, facility management, data center colocation, reselling of commercially available hardware and software, access to remote data bases, networking, training and help desk support.
To better serve our customers, REJIS also provides fee-based services to other governmental agencies and the private sector.
In addition, REJIS has worked with the Bureau of Justice Statistics in the U.S. Department of Justice on multiple grants for over 20 years. REJIS has supported nationwide studies on the impact of the Brady Act (FIST), recidivism (two different national studies), and tracking of criminal cases through the justice system (OBTS). These projects have given REJIS expertise in the automated translation of general English descriptions found in police and court files to obtain new information, such as offense type, type of conviction, and sentence length.
Who We Serve
REJIS serves more than 300 criminal justice and government agencies across the St. Louis Metropolitan area, Greater Kansas City Missouri and Kansas, and southern Illinois. Our customers are our partners, and we strive to serve them as a trusted advisor and continually focus on finding solutions to fit their needs.